You're all missing a lot of Points here people.
First of all:-
1. The Police fu&*ed up, Staffordshire Bull Terrier's are not a banned dog, fact, deal with it.
2. The Police fu&*ed up again, trying to take a dog from it's owner is very likely to provoke and attack from any dog, good or bad, bull terrier or not.
3. The Police fu&*ed up again, why the hell did they not call:-
a. The RSPCA
b. Local council's dog catcher
c. A Police dog handling unit!
What where they thinking they needed armed response for?!?!?
ITS ONLY A DOG FOR GODS SAKE!
They felt they were in so much danger they called in armed response? I dont think so.
4. It does not matter if they owner is a chav or not.
5. If the owner was goading the dog to attach they should have arrested him, again get a dog catcher to deal with the dog.
6. Tazer's are only for Humans!!
7. Any dog no matter the size or breed can bit your fu&*ing hand off if its angry enough, they are built for it, so get someone trained to deal with it!
8. If no one had to go to hospital they no one needed to shoot the dog.
I own 3 dogs.
I think some dogs are just bad, but usually because of the owner and their upbringing, but I know 99% of them can be changed for the good with the right training.
This is an appalling example of Police failing to do the right thing, which is what they are supposed to be trained and paid to do.