Pretty offensive article.
1. WiiU sales have been higher than PS4 and xbone in Japan for the last three weeks.
2. Japanese lifetime sales of 3rd gen consoles put the WiiU ahead of PS4 and xbone with the lead growing.
3. Everybody knows US and Euro WiiU sale haven't been great so worldwide it's behind, not a big deal.
4. WiiU games work properly at launch instead of requiring massive day zero critical patches and often month+ long waits for real game repairs (hello PS4 & xbone).
5. Lack of third party support is a blessing not a curse, you don't get the 3rd party crap that appears on the 'lead consoles'. These titles only get bought by mummy, daddy or another idiot, trust me no gamer would ever buy one of these 'games'.
6. If you count the 3rd Gen titles that are 'must haves' the WiiU is still ahead of the PS4 and xbone put together.
7. There's no fees for online WiiU gaming, Splatoon + all it's dlc has been free, compare that to CoD and xbox live / PSN.
8. The Wii was too 'family', The WiiU is like the spiritual successor to the SNES in glorious HD (just look at it's game library). Single players have never had it so good.
9. Most games for the WiiU are half the price of PS4 and xbone titles.
Sorry, but I think the article is pretty offensive considering he's only just past away, and all because you jumped on the internet slag the Wii U bandwagon (which became out of date about a year and a half ago) and are obviously not a true gamer.