* Posts by Bearshark

4 posts • joined 22 Apr 2017

Remember Unrollme, the biz that helped you automatically ditch unwanted emails? Yeah, it was selling your data

Bearshark

Re: In this day and age

@JohnFen gets it,

If anybody actually trusts ANY company to keep your data private, including government institutions, then you are a fool. In my opinion it goes this way:

Private companies sell 80% of our data where the other 20% is stolen.

Government(s) in general sell 10% of our data and 90% of our data gets stolen due to Government incompetence.

Trump continues on the warpath: Now US tariffs cover nearly everything arriving from China

Bearshark

Re: Orange Fool

He's just poking and twisting a 'hot iron' into this so called "New World Order" which does absolutely nothing for humanity other than offer misery on a cold plate.

Windows 10 1809 looks unlikely to overtake prior build before 19H1 lands

Bearshark

Operating Systems

Operating Systems present users access to the hardware on which the OS resides. That's all it should be, nothing more. Then the user then has the freedom to run / install applications that interact with the hardware. (i.e. spreadsheet on the monitor, spread sheet using floating point calculations on a CPU).

Windows has grown to a bloated piece of crap and this update model just doesn't work well.

It's like the United States Federal Government. At it's constitutional core, I am to be protected from foreign aggression and have the freedom to prosper. In its current iteration, The United States Federal Government is there just to impede my pursuit of liberty and happiness.

So I can draw parallels with Windows :-)

Script kiddies pwn 1000s of Windows boxes using leaked NSA hack tools

Bearshark

Most Bank ATM's still use an embedded version of XP. Now banks and technology don't mix very well (yelling at my bank for no 2FA)

That being said, how many banks are too nub to block these ATM's from the internet???

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020