Amazed by some of the comments here.
I clearly need to get out more and do more interesting things..
I’m amazed so many commentators are happy with what the ex coppers have said and their alarm bells / bullshit detectors aren’t ringing and whaling in piercing tones.
1) why has the retired copper still got this data in his possession.
2) it’s thumbnails, not full size images the copper is complaining about, where are the full size images.
3) my understanding is that parliament networks / mp’s connections are not meant to be filtered else they may be blocked from seeing stuff they are meant to see
4) at the time the network logs should have been retained too. The proxy logs should reveal the sites those thumbnails came from and if any full size images where viewed.
5) the mp’s office was raided looking for data about leaks from the home office, yet all we are hearing 10 years later is about thumbnails of legal porn, reported by an ex copper who personally retained data from an mp’s pc gathered in a raid.
6) What other data does the ex copper have in his possession on other cases he worked on?
7) snowflakes may not remember, but we used to be plagued by pop ups and pop unders. They’d load all kinds of crap in your browser you’d never know about.
8) context is needed, what sites where visited at the times the thumbnails where stored, could they have been stored as a result of pop ups or unders?
9) any viruses or malware on the mp’s machine?
10) pc access logs, where was the mp at the times the pc was unlocked and the images stored.
11) it’s been said it was a machine in the mp’s office, not that it was the machine the mp solely used or even his usual machine, just a machine in his office, how do we know for sure it was the mp that intentionally accessed the sites that downloaded the thumbnails?
I could go on and on about stuff the copper mentioned that doesn’t automatically mean the mp intentionally caused those thumbnails to be there.
The main thing is that parliament, network and pc audit logs at the time should show if the mp was even present at the times the Images where recorded, or if we are now dealing with some kind of fabrication designed change our political makeup. Those IT logs are now likely long gone though, leaving the only record created by a now ex copper who illegally retained a what he claims is s personal copy of the machine in the mp’s office.
In light of this info I’d be inclined to not volunteer any personal or customer info to the police as it has a good chance of not being stored appropriately and may resurface at some time in the future, inappropriately despite never being illegal at any stage.
The police need to take a very hard line here, if they don’t the Home Secretary must.
I’d think 4 times over before I