.....but before we discuss Safe Harbour or Privacy Shield......
......why has no one commented about the fact that no one actually knows what information is held about them and by whom!!!!
Personally, I don't want to know anything about the data held concerning anyone else, but I would like to know:
- a list of all the organizations who keep records about me
- for each of these organizations, exactly what information they keep about me
I'd also like to see copies of all these records about me, so that:
- I can demand deletions for records no longer relevant
- I can correct all the mistakes in what is left
But all this is moot:
- I don't have any legal right to know
- Many of the organisations will never have had a direct relationship with me, so I would never guess that they had relevant records
- Many of the organisations who have records about me (say, perhaps GCHQ) would either deny having the records, or would deny any access outright
.......so worrying about Safe Harbour or Privacy Shield seems to me to miss other, much more fundamental issues.