Climate Change - really brings out the El Reg voting public
Always provokes a nice feisty debate!
General problems with the debate though.
1. Can the impact of various causes of climate change be accurately identified? Nope
2. Are we on the path to destruction? Nobody knows
3. In the face of huge global industrialisation and the refusal to play ball by the US and China in particular, can anyone make any difference? Unlikely
4. Is re-using/recycling a good idea and worth doing - even if it has no impact on the climate? Yes
5. Should be try to reduce our dependency on fossil fuels - even if it has no impact on the climate? Yes
It's not really a yes/no debate. We don't know the end result/we don't know what effect we are having. Might has well just get on with life, and if we can make any changes to reduce waste and consumption on the way. Bonus.