no longer a paying customer of Adobe
Been a professional user of Photoshop since 4.0. Normally upgraded every major upgrade (not the .5 versions). Effectively this pretty much worked out the same cost as CC is now. However for my needs there is just no compelling reason to upgrade to CC and many disadvantages:
- I can (and do) use CS6 completely offline for landscape photography trips to outer nowhere.
I am never worried that I am dependent on Adobe staying up and no threat that I can't open files
because I'm away from the webs or Adobe is titsup or ...
- The much vaunted smaller incremental updates hasn't happened, we still have had the big bang
for CC 18 months after the initial release.
- I don't really see anything in CC that is a compelling feature.
- Eventually the updates to camera raw may become an issue but there are plenty of excellent 3rd party tools that are way cheaper than CC.
- I don't want/need the additional software in CC and I ain't going to pay for stuff I won't use - that's why I only bought Photoshop and not one of the suites
Sorry Adobe but you are still not selling CC to me. The recent complete titsup episode hasn't helped your case.