To those suggestion I buy the albums on CD and rip them instead:
1. I don't own a CD drive and have no intention of buying one.
2. These two albums were videogame soundtracks; one of them isn't even available on CD. Availability of these albums is not exactly widespread.
3. It's 2017 and I think we should be done with physical media for music by now.
To those suggesting I'm making up excuses to justify piracy:
1. OK. Believe what you like. I couldn't care less what you think.
2. Amazon UK/DE has worked for me in the past. Now it doesn't.
3. Here's a copy of the follow up email from Amazon sent on 16th May explaining that it is not possible to buy digital music from Amazon in the Netherlands:
Thank you for the nice phone call!
I am sorry that Amazon Music is not available in the Netherlands.
Sadly one can only purchase Amazon Music from Amazon.de in Germany and Austria.
Buying music from Amazon is only available in Germany, Austria, Great-Britain, France, USA, Japan, Spain and Italy.
I have passed your suggestion, that Amazon Music should be available in the Netherlands, on to the appropriate department in our company for consideration.
We always want to know how our customers react to all aspects of shopping at Amazon.de as this helps us to continue to improve the selection and service we provide.
Thank you for writing to us with your proposal.