Re: Get thee back to reddit
Well, I was optimistic.
321 posts • joined 15 Mar 2012
In case you haven't guessed, they've all come from Reddit, Iron Bones' pretentious argument style is a dead giveaway for that. The posts about this article have dropped off the front page of r/PewdiepieSubmissions so we won't see any more of them. It was all blatant karmawhoring anyway, just people playing to Pewds' subreddit userbase for virtual pats on the back-
Iron Bones is most likely nanisk, as they posted a screenshot of their comment and invited a raid for the aforementioned virtual backpats- https://www.reddit.com/r/PewdiepieSubmissions/comments/a243at/please_go_help_our_fellow_9_yo_defend_felix/
Considering that the sub has 3/4 of a million subscribers and 10,000+ online, it's a pathetic raid. Having to create an account probably put off a few people.
This article's dropped off the first page of r/PewdiepieSubmissions/ so the whiteknighting will have stopped now. 3/4 of a million subscribers to that sub, 10,000+ online and all they could manage was 5 people. A chan raid this was not.
The Iron Bones guy is most likely ninask, as he/she/it went a-karmawhoring back to reddit with a screenshot of their post- https://www.reddit.com/r/PewdiepieSubmissions/comments/a243at/please_go_help_our_fellow_9_yo_defend_felix/
I've watched it and it's very slightly better than the crap Team10 (Logan and/or Jake Paul) used to put out, with the significant difference that it's recycling an old meme instead of inadvertently creating one. The whole thing's deliberately low effort... well, I hope it was deliberate.
I got really into Need for Speed: High Stakes while at Uni and, while driving IRL, I caught myself subconsciously reaching for the handbrake as approached a sharp 90 degree bend. In a 1.0 Micra full of students.
My friend's version of this happened after playing Half Life 2 all night and going to work with no sleep; he started hallucinating some of the enemy NPCs on his screen and kept trying to shoot them with the mouse. Afterwards he had absolutely no idea what he'd actually clicked on while doing data entry for a bank.
It won't develop properly without the appropriate sensory input, though the deleterious effects will be much greater on a brain that's grown past the foetal stage than one that's only a few weeks old.
Also, this may have 99% of the cell types of a normal brain but how significant are the remaining 1%?
The fish is nice. The Tri Franskur (I might've misremembered that) restaurant still serves whale, owing to the owner buying 2 tonnes of it just before whaling was banned. I should've tried puffin the last time I was there but it didn't occur to me till afterwards.
There's also plenty of vacant buildings left over from the boom.
A few other things I gleamed from a documentary about them (so decreasing the credibility) was they lacked the ability to verbalise as well as sapiens (they couldn't produce the same range of sounds) giving them inferior communication abilities and didn't organise themselves into groups as large as human ones. They had much bigger occipital lobes than humans so they're presumed to have better eyesight, though that seems like a bit of a phrenological conclusion.
When some goof found that acrylamide was poisoning cattle and decided to ring all the church bells. Shortly after someone found that humans can tolerate a much higher concentration (I think it was orders of magnitude) of acrylamides in our food, probably because we've been cooking it for so long.
Add gaseous ammonia to that list; as soon as it touches a wet part of you it hydrolyses to ammonium hydroxide. It'll kill you in under a minute by stripping the flesh out of your lungs. It's also a lot easier to get hold of and store than fluorine.
Then there's NOx where you can get a fatal exposure and not even notice till 8 hours afterwards.
Yes but you don't have to buy a new $2.5B plant every year. Assuming a lifespan of 20 years (and also ignoring the ongoing maintenance 'cos I've no idea how expensive that would be, except that it won't be $2.5B/yr) that brings it down $330/ton of avoided CO2 which is still pretty eye watering though it seems to be in the ballpark for the retail price of bulk coal in the UK.
The wood fired plants are doing well because it allows them to hit their CO2 targets with minimal changes to the machinery. There isn't enough land mass, let alone arable land, on the planet to provide all of humanity's energy needs via biomass.
Also, photosynthesis is far less efficient at capturing energy than photovoltaics and you have the added inefficiency of converting the heat from burning the plants into electricity.
Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019