* Posts by unwarranted triumphalism

613 posts • joined 21 Dec 2011

Page:

Exposing 145m Equifax customer deets: $240m. Legal fees: $28.9m. Insurance: Priceless

unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Let's not lose our perspective here

It was a minor incident of no real importance. Think before assembling the lynch mob for once.

0
5

That Brexit in action: UK signs pact to let Euro court judge its patents

unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Remoaners get it wrong - again

How much more damage are they going to do to the economy before they are stopped?

0
13

Double double, soil and trouble, fire burn and heat shield bubble: NASA cracks rover, has dirty talk with ESA

unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Another failure of Scientism.

0
9

Hello DARKNESS, my old friend. I've come to talk with you again... about a 10,000-pixel alien-hunting camera

unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Good to see your tax money being wasted on something

How about something more useful, like a tax cut for working people?

0
48

Donald Trump jumps on anti-tech bandwagon, gets everything wrong

unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Re: El Reg gets it wrong again

> mountains of toxic garbage

Well, the next time those 'lefty environmentalists' complain about the moutains of toxic garbage you can dismiss their concerns as 'lefty environuttery'. Will that make you feel better?

5
0
unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Obama was wrong when he made these allegations but Trump is right to reveal these same facts about Amazon.

1
16

Details of 600,000 foreign visitors to UK go up in smoke thanks to shonky border database

unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

It's not fair to demand that the Home Office keep track of people.

1
1

Uber self-driving car death riddle: Was LIDAR blind spot to blame?

unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

'Blind spot'

So just like a human driver - there's a massive blind spot right in front of it.

0
3

UK smut overlord declares age checks should protect users' privates

unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Re: Time to install a decent VPN

Not at all.

0
2
unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Re: Time to install a decent VPN

Thanks to you & above posters for recommendations. I'll check them out.

1
0
unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Time to install a decent VPN

Any recommendations? I'm considering Perfect Privacy.

9
0

Political ad campaign biz AggregateIQ exposes tools, DB logins online

unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Look, it says it didn't knowingly break the law. So that's ok then. Why all the big fuss?

3
0

UK watchdog finally gets search warrant for Cambridge Analytica's totally not empty offices

unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Lots of allegations...

Nothing proven.

0
1

Facebook's inflection point: Now everyone knows this greedy mass surveillance operation for what it is

unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Tell me again how I'm 'out of line' for blockng Facebook in my hosts file. Go on, I'm listening to all your *brilliant* reasons why it's perfectly fine to use it.

2
1

More ad-versarial tech: Mozilla to pop limited ad blocker into Firefox

unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Re: Adblocking is stealing

Wow, downvotes for sarcasm. Didn't see that one coming.

1
10
unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Re: Adblocking is stealing

Yes it was.

1
11
unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Re: Make it wotk

> Mozilla act like the only thing you do with your browser is surf dodgy porn sites on the Web.

They know me quite well then.

7
1
unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Adblocking is stealing

Which is why I don't use an adblocker. Instead I block all ad serving domains in the hosts file.

6
36

UK's data watchdog seizes suspected Scottish nuisance caller's kit

unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

More jobs destroyed by heavy-handed regulation. Thanks Obama.

0
18

Surprise UK raid of Cambridge Analytica delayed: Nobody expects the British information commissioner!

unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

No surprise that the ICO admits that they have no grounds to go in mob-handed with pickaxe handles.

1
3

2 + 2 = 4, er, 4.1, no, 4.3... Nvidia's Titan V GPUs spit out 'wrong answers' in scientific simulations

unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

This is Apple's fault.

1
1

Cambridge Analytica CEO suspended – and that's not even the worst news for them today

unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

I see that in addition to the lynch mob, the tinfoil hat brigade have now arrived. Don't you get it? No one cares about what you do and there is no 'sinister cabal' or whatever watching you.

0
8
unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

It's too late for facts

El Reg has assembled the lynch mob and the latest targets of ts outrage are going to hang, guilty or not.

Guess it was OK when Obama and Clinton were doing this stuff, right?

2
14

US cops go all Minority Report: Google told to cough up info on anyone near a crime scene

unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Wrong, because I have nothing to hide and I have nothing to fear.

0
2
unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

4
2
unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

If you've nothing to hide you've nothing to fear. Why not just co-operate with law enforcement?

1
6

We need to talk, Brit Parliamentary committee tells Mark Zuckerberg

unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Zuckerberg: 'lol no'

What makes anyone think he is going to pay attention to what some pissant talking shop in a miserable little island wants?

UK seems to be one of those irrelevant countries that thinks its opinions mean something. Time they had another reality check.

3
1

BOOM! Cambridge Analytica explodes following extraordinary TV expose

unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Re: Proves nothing really

In other words, there's still no evidence of wrongdoing, and Channel 4 are - as usual - lying.

0
23
unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Re: Proves nothing really

I don't watch TV. There's nothing of any interest on it.

3
16
unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Re: Proves nothing really

I don't know anyhing about any alleged recording.

0
17
unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Proves nothing really

Just a lot of speculation and groundless claims. Channel 4 are going to see a lot of very well-paid and well-prepared lawyers at their door in about 5 minutes.

1
27

Uber breaks self-driving car record: First robo-ride to kill a pedestrian

unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Didn't happen

She shouldn't have been crossing the road, she was riding a bike illegally, she wasn't riding a bike (therefore we can't know the facts), bikes are illegal on public roads, it's the pedestrian's responsibility to be safe, she was wearing dark clothes at night, the sun was in the driver's eyes, didn't pay road tax, innocent motorist blamed for tragic unavoidable accident.

Has that covered everything?

3
2

Techies building UK web smut age check tools: You'll get a spec next week

unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Re: this is why...

BUT MUH PRIVUHCY! - criminals everywhere

0
12
unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Thanks goodness the government is finally doing something

Because something must be done. And this is something. Therefore it must be done.

The logic is inescapable.

5
3
unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Re: FoI request

Any chance you could stay out of peoples' private business? Too much to ask?

1
18
unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Re: @unwarranted triumphalism

Telling the truth is not a popularity contest. Doesn't help when you lot deliberately misquote me, but I guess it's just an occupational hazard.

1
20
unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Re: ID codes and hashes

Not that tired old canard again. Only wrongdoers need fear correct identification.

0
24
unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Re: A lot of you are *very* keen on protecting your access to smut

> God fearin' right winger

You could try not lying. I'm not religious.

0
21
unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Re: A lot of you are *very* keen on protecting your access to smut

Bollocks.

0
24
unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Re: A lot of you are *very* keen on protecting your access to smut

> Dare I mention that homosexuality is also legal?

Glad to hear it.

Need any help with that strawman?

0
33
unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Re: A lot of you are *very* keen on protecting your access to smut

> Pornography is legal

I am under no obligation to accept that. And yes, it *is* my business what other people do especially when it affects public morals.

0
62
unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

A lot of you are *very* keen on protecting your access to smut

Maybe you should have a look at yourselves in the mirror. Ask yourselves some difficult questions before the police do.

1
65

UK.gov told: Draw up code of practice for cops bulk-slurping car plates

unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Funny how *certain people* seem to be immune from this data collection isn't it?

5
1

Cyborg fined for riding train without valid ticket

unwarranted triumphalism
Bronze badge

Facts? We don't need no stinking facts

Interesting how so many of you commentards are throwing around accusations without being able to agree on the facts of what happened.

1
3

Brit retailer Currys PC World says sorry for Know How scam

This post has been deleted by a moderator

Page:

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2018