I asked for real evidence and all i got was you lot
All I saw as "valid arguments" was ...
It's hard to use or confusing
- What are you like 5?
- Any IT professional should know how to take this sort of thing in their stride, get a clue moron.
- It took me about 10 minutes to get to grips with it, yes it's different but that doesn't mean it's bad.
- I accept that the 1 start menu "feature" aka TIFKAM isn't ideal for a desktop, but I use hotkeys when in it, rarely do I need a keyboard or mouse to get around in there.
- What was that about not being able to manage your photo library ... uh was that a TIFKAM app you complained about ... I think it was, again nothing to do with windows it's the app you hate not the OS, so don't use it or browse through images with explorer like I do then you don't need an app at all.
We don't like paying licence fees.
- tough crap deal with it, welcome to the real world.
- free stuff just isn't as good, the money makes stuff better, even ubuntu / macOS are not free these days, there's always cost it's just a question of where.
- Some manufacturers do only sell PC's with windows on yes, but that's some not the whole industry, if you can't figure out how to do a google search please stop using a PC forever.
Windows 8 UI is crap and useless because 1 menu works differently.
- as above it's called progress and you don't have to use the start menu at all in which case its still windows 7 just better.
- yeh the "whole UI is wrong" ... right ok ... its the windows 7 UI with 1 menu changed ... eh, wtf?
It interrupts me all the time (switching to TIFKAM).
- You are a minority, no one uses the start menu as much as you do, learn to use your OS properly.
- This is backed by a ton of research done by M$, which they blogged about, less than 1% of all windows usage is typically spent in the start menu, many users don't use it at all.
The beta version is buggy.
- Yeh all beta versions of all products ever made are, deal with it!
- Why am I even arguing this point?
There was once a really bad issue with IE that caused it to crash.
- And? IE is an OPTION you don't have to use it and it's still not windows 8 it's a completely different product, it nothing to do with the OS.
- You're basically complaining about a free bit of software M$ threw in you idiot.
It's not compatible with my device
- wow, 1 device don't work because that device vendor didn't update a driver ... that's not M$ fault.
- Vendors get lead times well in advance and are told the underlying specs months before any release, if they choose not to bother updating their drivers what do you really expect M$ to do about it?
So ... WTF?
I stand by my previous point ... There's nothing "majorly wrong" with windows 8 and all you haters are just hating because you like to rant and M$ is an easy target.
All morons may now proceed to down vote this post.