Re: "Planned Register of Muslims"
So, according to you, it's perfectly OK if someone (a presidential candidate, say), threatens or plans reprehensible and unconstitutional actions. You will continue to support that candidate fully even after he is elected, and even when he is actually President, as long as he only threatens these actions. You should only start to complain when he actually starts to implement his ideas.
A couple of questions:
1. If nobody complains, how will this candidate with the reprehensible plans know that his plans are, in fact, reprehensible and terrible?
2. How do you know that he will not actually implement his ideas? Why would you encourage someone with this kind of rhetoric, unless you agree with him?
3. Do you not think that stating these illegal ideas and plans is a problem? In your mind, is it OK to threaten to maim or kill someone, as long as you don't actually start to do it?
4. Isn't it too late to start complaining, once the plans are put into effect? Much of the damage to society, and to some of the victims, will have then already been done...
5. What kind of effect do you think this will have on society, when someone in a position of authority (or future authority) can threaten a minority group with impunity, and nobody complains about his threats?