Re: 'Murica never ceases...
" I'd also like to see suicide removed form the stats as if you want to do that you'll find a different way. "
I can agree that there is an issue with including suicide, but actually most "other" forms of attempted terminal self harm:
- need a LOT more time between the thought and the action
- may require planning or things that are not immediately to hand
- are hard to complete when falling down drunk/under the influence/severely depressed
- typically seem more unpleaseant as they might involve "pain"
- have WAY better survival rates
As a consequence, the relative "ease" of terminal self harm by firearm increases the risk of actual follow through with the intent. Availability of firearms does seem to increase the likelihood of someone actually attempting suicide, so skews the figures - but sadly a proportion of suicide by firearm is directly responsible to availability of method.