Re: No - systemd doesn't offend me
Some of us; believe it or not:
1) Do not have any problem with systemd.
2) Have actual problems that sysv can't deal with effectively.
3) Like systemd.
4) Understand systemd.
5) Have had bugs fixed by the systemd developers after politely reporting them.
6) Are extremely happy with systemd.
7) Think systemd is a massive improvement over sysv which is/was great on its day but falls waaay short in the current year.
I'm sick of the systemd crap people post online, out of 1000's of posts I have seen maybe 1 or 2 issues that were genuine issues with systemd, the rest was people who do not know/are not familiar with systemd and just complain when they do not know what to do when their sysv hacks don't work on systemd.
For all the hacks out there who hate systemd, create a unit, and run your fucking script from there:
Description=Set the RADEON R290 to low energy profile
systemctl enable lowgpu.service
Oh my god, it is so complicated, all that to get a little script to start at boot with complete control of when and how!
HERESY!!!! I want muh "rc.local" and my sysv scripts (never mind that systemd supports rc.local and sysv cripts just fine)