Dead Man Walking
Unfortunately Yahoo's fate was sealed many years ago when it failed to maintain its hold as the portal of choice in the face of Google.
It turns out that people dont want Portals - they want basic search (google) or a semi-cozy environment to interact with their friends (Facebook). Since Yahoo do/did neither well they are doomed.
Now if they had attempted to monetise Hadoop - it may have failed, but it may have gained a revenue stream.
Infact if I was google I would be looking at Yahoo rather nervously right now. Their fates could be the same over the long term - stuck in a (profitable for now) rut - but unable to innovate out of it. Before you say it - Android is just a method of generating more input to that rut.
The next decade will be interesting to say the least.
1. Yahoo dies.
2. Web 2.0 bubble implodes - taking out most Secondary and Lower tier players.
3. Microsoft nosedives further.
4. Oracle's Hardware business finally gives up the ghost and is limited to appliances for pure Oracle stacks.
5. Big Data saves us all or implodes.
6. Google fails to re-invent itself for the 2020's again and again. (but rakes it in in the medium term).