Re: Relax...@ Big Yin
1) We are, as a species, dead. The environment is so loopy that we can't grow enough food and die off. On the scale of "Bad things" that's up around eleventy-billion. It's really is not good.
Oh really? How exactly? Or are you making a wild overstatement? If only 10% of the worlds population lives near enough to sea level to be killed by a 10 METER rise (disclaimer wikipedia) then the other 90% are all right. Lets be pessimistic and suggest extreme weather pattersn and their impacts will kill another 40%.
Will it be a global disaster - on the individual level absolutely - will it be the end of our species - NO!
You do realise the the human race has be brought to the brink faster before than any climate change can possibly act - and survived - See black death, flu pandemics etc. Yet Im willing to be we are spending a fraction of the money on pandemic research that we are spending on climate change and its various costs.
Lets just keep some perspective eh?