Only a third?
Just a couple of days ago I was called by my neighbour who works for the council from home. "I can't find the file I saved earlier!"
- Ok, go through what you did to save it.
+ Opens email, opens document in email, modifies document, selects Save, dialogue opens to Temporary Internet Files.
- Ok, when did you save it?
- You see that name "Temporary", that means "temporary" as in not permanant, as in everything gets deleted in there from time to time, usually when you log off. You shouldn't save things there, you should be saving in My Documents or somewhere. Here, do that again and here, click there and there to save in your Documents.
a bit of practise, and time passes...
+ So how do I find that file then?
- Go to your Documents, how do you do that on here? Try that Start button, ok there: 'Documents'.
+ But where is it?
- Well, that's just the first ten entries, they're all directories, try scrolling down to find the files, scroll down, no down, no, click there and, no! not there, scroll, see that thing there, it's called a scroll bar, scroll it by, no! stop!, let me!, like this!
Scrolls on forever, more than 500+ files in Documents.
- You really should organise things in subdirectories.
+ Oh, that's too difficult