What a hopelessly biased article.
- No mention of the swathe of destruction she and her ministers wrought to our coal, steel and car industries.
- No mention of privatising national assets and using North Sea oil to fund tax cuts for the rich.
- No mention of destruction of British Rail and the massive taxpayer-funded subsidies (far more even inflation adjusted than was ever paid to British Rail) now paid to foreign companies to enrich their share holders.
- No mention of using the police to forward her party politics- running up such a huge political debt that even today the Conservatives barely dare implement the reform the police so badly need.
- No mention of taking us to war over some worthless rocks in the South Atlantic in order to distract from her domestic failures and impending defeat in the polls.
- And finally, and worst of all, no mention of the fact that she set the stage for possibly the most corrupt prime minister we've ever had: Tony Blair.
That taking BT public was a (partial) success you can only conclude was by accident rather than design.