Re: Thumbs Down Crowd
Believe it or not, I do actually care. Why because in relation to some of my posts, either there is a whole bunch of sheep out there that are still learning to chew or I am completely of the wall. I am convinced that the latter is not true.
Therefore it means that percentage wise there are several possible conclusions that I can surmise:
* Liberal and rational thinkers are very few and far between.
* Liberal and rational thinkers don't actually use the Green button.
* The simple minded sheep are far more numerous amongst the El Reg forums than I had previously thought. ( This is scary because they work or have a serious interest in IT).
* The simple minded sheep have a very small capacity for thinking out of the box and that is not an advantage within our industry. As the rest of us have to repair the damage.
* The simple minded sheep collectively are stronger because of their numbers, within a democracy this is very scary. El Reg will eventually cater to them because that's whats bring in the dollars. ( And then I will be forced to read/follow one of the lesser sites, lol)
So those damned Thumbs Down users, the ones that don't actually leave comments, are a worrying figure.
[Yes, I know that simple minded sheep is an oxymoron but it enhances the image]