Come back Eadon all is forgiven.
Should we presume that a TIFKAM, tiles interface is just around the corner.
Have to agree with some of the others, the interface is not quite as readable.
* Icons on the Right - just feels all wrong - As mentioned above - we read from Left to Right. The icons are a visual clue as to what to begin reading and what to ignore.
* Icons -- have to click on a tab to select an icon - As Eadon would say - FAIL. The old system was far more ergonomic.
* Icons -- Once wou have selected an icon and return to the text you can no longer see whiohc icon you have selected before clicking preview or submit.
* The title "Sort Comments by " - looks like a "Tab" but it is not..
* "Sort Comments by " - can we have "Most Commented" option in the list please.
* Upvote / Downvote arrows should be on the right. - This is where we naturally terminate reading.
* Grey and White colour scheme is "bland" - I am being polite here.
* Strange I just began replying to a recent post and the icon selection was at the bottom as per normal - Is El Reg doing a bit of live editing by any chance ?
I dont mind if the interface changes just as long as it doesn't replicate TIFKAM or that horrible flat windows look.