Time to get CONTROL of credit agencies a.k.a For Profit Intel Organizations
It's about time we all wake up and start getting on our local and federal legislatures to reign in credit agencies. It seems every other month a new credit agency pops up. Why not.. it's HUGE business.
If you're worried about the typical PII items being released... this is nothing.
Consider everything a credit agency knows and collects about you, your family and lifestyle trends.. under the guise they use it to determine risk. This isn't information for the past 1-5 years, this is lifetime:
- Properties purchased, location, and type (2 bedroom, 3 bath, 2100 sq feet etc).
- Vehicles purchased, make, model, year etc. They can also interpolate your average mileage per year.
- Organizations you belong to.
- Donations, amount, etc.
- Registered to vote, elections participated in
- Income, investments (type, to whom, active/passive, 401K, etc.)
- Insurance coverage, what you cover, specialty items covered
- Nearly every single monetary transaction monitored, classified into various things; i.e. from where, location, etc.
- Tax information
- Employment information
- Household expenses, gas/electric/heat bills... etc.
----On and on and on. These databases know you better than your mother, best friend and spouse.
With all of this, they can interpolate many of your lifestyle and professional choices and to what degree.
This isn't just a credit company... it's a FOR PROFIT INTELLIGENCE ORGANIZATION.
With all of this information, they sell it to those who gather it all in and sell it to businesses.
Places such as: InfoGroup, InfoUSA, YesMail, etc. Sell this information for big bucks and nearly every Fortune 500 company subscribes to MANY of these (not just one) for direct marketing and other overt/covert corporate greed schemes. It can also be used against you in court or by organizations like Scientology to discredit or publicly humiliate.