Next steps from our SS wannabee thought-police dictator:
* Outlaw https access to websites
* Mandate that all security protocols can be decrypted by a "master key"
* Create a super database of all master keys, this should be outsourced to the usual inept organisations, overrun by a factor of 3 in time and 200 in cost and the data will be hosted in a different nation state. There will be no security problems with any of this.
* Require that all ISPs maintain a white-list of permitted addresses that users may access, access to addresses other than those on the approved list will be recorded - purely for performance monitoring purposes of course.
* Require that all ISPs maintain a black-list of non-conformant, non-compliance or just awkward addresses. Access to addresses on this black list will be recored, solely for performance reasons of course.
* Create an arbitrary law that a citizen accessing a resource on the black list may be a criminal act with non-appealable on the spot fines and repeat offenders may face further sanctions. Ensure that all this dressed up with enough "mays" that nobody is sure if and when it may apply, but that it's definitely for the good of their children and will counter terrorism. Citizens will not be permitted to know what is on the black list, for their own protection as publishing the black list will be seen as aiding child abuser and terrorists.
* Publish marketing-created statistics about how well this is working with a reduction in prosecutions against child abusers proving how well the system is working (on the spot fines are not prosecutions which is why they can no longer be appealed against). Earnestly note that the government would like to do better.
* Redefine the black list as "anything not on the white list". This is important for the safety of children and the prevention of terrorism.
* Ensure that the press smear anybody who disagrees with these changes as being a child abusing terrorist.
Success! The country is now a much better place with all dissenters (really child abusers and terrorists) successfully identified and locked up.