Some good and some pointless questions
- Do you get a free toaster with the loan you have to get to finance it?
Sounds a lot, but this is not meant for joe consumer. It is for the those with money to burn who must have the latest and greatest. It certainly stands out compared to the latest iphone. Remember to some this is the same cost as a bottle of dinner wine
- What is the software update plan, delay, and how long before they stop issuing updates after sales fail?
Same as any other android phone i'm guessing
- Looks fragile.
Probably no more than your average iphone. However there is probably no way to add screen protectors, which could be an issue
- The screen warp at the seam (watch some of the launch demo videos)
I'm sure that will get better as technology improves
- Too big to put in a pocket.
Depends how big your pockets are, and a damn sight more convenient than carrying a tablet around as well. As someone who used to carry a Psion 5 knows , its small enough
- How does it hold up to scratches?
Again lack of screen protector is an issue. Presumably it has to be flexible material, so there will be some damage
- Is it IP67/68?
Don't see why not
- Can't put a case on it and still use it.
- How much does it cost to replace a cracked screen?
Probably a lot. However if you can spend 2 grand on a phone, that is not going to be a major concern.
- Contains two batteries that could become an IED.
Now we are just getting silly. It is still far smaller than a tablet or a laptop
- Contains 5G, which means you have potentially cellular level alternating, millimeter wave antenna. (https://www.saferemr.com/2017/08/5g-wireless-technology-millimeter-wave.html)
Now we are just getting into paranoia. This phone is no different to any other 5g device that will be coming out in the next few year, and almost certainly will have to operate as a 4G device until the infrastructure is out there. While i know there are some concerns on 5g wavelengths there has been no peer reviewed evidence on any issues, just speculation and alarmist headlines.
I don't see the use case given all the drawbacks. Just because you can, does not mean you should.
On that basis we should still be hiding in caves, scavenging fruit and any meat we can scavenge. Progress means pushing in all directions. If we knew where to go we would already be there. Although I doubt I will ever have one I salute the technology pioneers who wish to go first