Holly Brockwell does not deserve such supportive satire.
Holly Brockwell's rants do not appear entirely sane (welcome to the hu-man race!) but this is why:
1. Founded "Gadgette, the UK’s biggest tech site for women"
- and "always a female tech journalist". Hmm yeah, founded a tech site for women. Doh!
2. Freely disseminate strong gender based opinions on Twitter
- and "flypaper for male rage”. Hmm yes. Provoke - receive, upset, receive upset.
3. Collect critical comments and turn them into postcard to advertise site
- and receive harassing/abusive types of photographs. Wow! Magic!
4. "women don’t care about sound quality, only whether headphones will mess up their hair'.
- is actually what many women DO still worry about in life outside tech world.
5. " countless press releases about pink gadgets and sex toys, not to mention childrenswear"
- More to do with keywords and ranking. Run a few other successful websites and find out.
6. "I get more requests to talk to the media about trolling and harassment than I do about technology"
- Perhaps because it seems to be her favorite topic (stirring up more drama for business)?
7. "You’re not asked to panels about tech, but panels about women in tech"
- Because that's how she profiles her self, you know "tech site for women"?
8, "There can be 50 guys in the room, and not one of them will say a word"
- Probably because they have no idea why this one is making such a fuzz about that thing?
9. "it perpetuates the idea that if you invite a woman to your tech event, she’ll start causing trouble."
- What perpetuates that experience might be: "it always falls to me to call out sexism".
10, "I’ve been blacklisted by brands for calling out their sexism. I’ve been accused of making it up"
- It's not impossible businesses ignore those who seem a bit confused and dramatic on the issue
11, "They’re not used to women in “their” field and they preferred it when it was just the men"
- No, most men don't like the hysterical, imaginary, overblown drama SOME women seem to desire to spread wherever they go in search for dragons to slay.
That all said, there are a lot of lame, sexual insecure males out there who say a lot of stupid immature things on inappropriate moments. It's just that the blog entry "What it’s Really Like to be a Female Tech Journalist" does not address this convincingly and tells us more about the issues of the woman who tries to call out these issues. That's the uphill battle in a nut shell.