Reply to post: When...

Latest NHS IT revolution is failing to learn lessons from the last £10bn car crash

steviebuk Silver badge

When...

..you have A GP calling up to complain her PC has been taken away that had patient data on it because her new PC arrived while she was away. For me to have to waste time explaining the engineer I sent out already asked your PA if it was OK to remove your PC, as it was already booked in and agreed with you to take it away that day. To finally remind you that NO patient or any data is to be left on the PCs, this has been best practice for a few years and you know this. So why were you ignoring it? And yes, you're machine is now here in the office and will be securely wiped.

She was only complaining cause she was trying to cover up her fuck up of leaving data on the PC*

Doesn't help when you're doing a temp role and sitting in A&E to install a blood printer (small label printer that prints out labels they stick on your wrist). A fucking printer that just needs a static IP address, that is all. Something you've been doing for years in your last place so know what the fuck you are doing only to be told. "No. 3rd line do that. You have to wait in a&e, call 3rd line, give them the mac address and get them to do it" OK, this is fucking stupid. I've been doing this for years in last place I temped, do you not trust my experience on my CV? Then why did you fucking hire me? I know what I'm fucking doing. Is it because I'm temp scum and showing the fact you are so set in your ways at doing shit because "Its how you've done it for years, and I can't expose how pointless it is as you want to keep your job". So instead you keep me waiting in a&e until your knob 3rd line engineer gets out of his fucking meeting. I argue later for permissions to do this myself next time. "No. 3rd line need to do this". I fucking give up. Clearly NHS IT hasn't fucking changed, all the time I was away from it.

When you get given a job with no ticket because its a pet project of the IT directors daughter. Right at the end of a Friday. And wonder why. Its out of scope of why we're hired to be there. But sure, we'll take a look. To find you have no rights to the building you were asked to go to. Find the daughter also has no rights to the building. Eventually gain access to be told by the nurses about the kit you're there to move "Other engineers were here earlier but they just took the keyboard and mouse". To finally realise, the lazy cunts in 2nd line couldn't be bothered to move the rest of the kit themselves so had said "Get the temp guys to do it. Yes we're aware that's not what they're paid to be here for but we want to leave early, its Friday". What a bunch of cunts. And to top it all off, when you get it to the department its going to. The daughter has now fucked off without the job being completed and the person in the department you took it too who was told was your contact, knew fuck all about it.

NHS IT is as incompetent as ever.

*Was back in XP and proper group policy wasn't in place to lock local saves.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon