Reply to post: Use Zoom instead

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella talks hardware supply chains and elasticity: 'Bigger issue' is what happens around US and Europe's 'demand side'

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Use Zoom instead

... Or basically use any other conferencing platform because Teams is pants! It's extremely buggy, unstable and the UI totally blows. It's impossible to see more than 4 participants at once despite there being feature requests and promises since over a year ago: Bugs with muting and unmuting audio; terrible lag during screen sharing and remote control, random black boxes obscuring the screen and difficulty using and exiting full screen mode have all built up a very grim experience. Not that I really expect anything different from Microsoft.

Frustrated by it's instability, poor performance, bugs and frequent drop-outs; my colleagues have defied the 'corporate preference' for Teams and have moved onto Zoom which is just miles better.

So far it's pretty much worked flawlessly. Several meetings a day with between 5 and about 30 participants all using video. Users connecting successfully from Linux, Mac, Windows, iPhone and Android devices. The only glitch has been a couple of devices not granting access to the microphone until manually set but it's easily fixed.

And the biggest win is that the directors and above have now actually seen how much better Zoom is and have even gained given official permission by our security team to use it. Now if we could just persuade the whole corporation to switch their preferred perform...

Anon purely because of who I work for (and I'm not in any way affiliated with any video conferencing companies including Zoom).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon