Reply to post: Re: Johnson explains things terribly, about as bad as Trump

UK enters almost-lockdown: Brits urged to keep calm and carry on – as long as it doesn't involve leaving the house

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Johnson explains things terribly, about as bad as Trump

You just made my day. ROFL

My friends in the US have renamed the virus to 'Trump Virus'. His 'pronouncements' (sic) are so bad that in future people teaching effective speaking will use his rantings as how not to do it.

They see BoJo's words as being much clearer and actually admire him for handling the daily press conferences. May I humbly suggest that you try it yourself sometime. It is really, really hard to do any serious form of Q&A and with that load of political hacks wanting you to fail miserably (that would be the headline news... go figure) on every question, he's not doing too bad.

I'm not a supporter of Doris, far from it but I tried to imagine if whatshisname... oh yes, Jeremy Corbyn ws PM. We'd have a lot, no make that a hell of a lot more dither, prevarocation and bluster instead of action. He would not do anything without consulting half a gazillion people (unions, momentum and the party membership)

Right or wrong, who is to say right now which is which eh? Boris and the team behind him are making decisions on behalf of all of us. We need to get behind him for now.

Later, in say a years time, we can get the long knives out and get him out of No 10 with all that wonderful thing called hindsight behind us. I would pay good money to be at ringside for that event!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon