Reply to post: Re: Only in England the source of the Skripal fantasy would this title fly

Facebook, distributor of deceptive political ads, sues registrar Namecheap over deceptive domain names

carl0s

Re: Only in England the source of the Skripal fantasy would this title fly

It's actually bloody marvelous. I feel very well looked after.

As for namecheap, I started using them over a year ago as 123-reg got more expensive and forced renewals and didn't allow you to remove PayPal details (you can cancel the authorisation from PayPal's side though) - basically too many surprise renewals that were a fair whack of money, plus the whole .UK debacle. Other companies that I used got bought up by same group (vidahost, tsohost, paragon group) and so have gone down in my estimations.

I thought that post-GDPR, WHOIS was anonymised now anyway? I haven't looked into that though. Namecheap give the whoisguard for free and I got very fed up of shitty web SEO companies and app builders promising to build me a site / app for every domain I registered for myself or a customer. Constant emails and phone calls.

Namecheap's portal/cart/control panel is rather well done too. I like it. It could be a bit snappier but it's a well built platform, so for now I quite like them.

I permanently deleted my Facebook account about 6 months ago mind you. Took my data archive and left.

In summary I'm on Namecheap's side.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon