Reply to post: Re: bah, humbug, and it's the 60s, not the 70s.

Hey GitLab, the 1970s called and want their sexism back: Saleswomen told to wear short skirts, heels and 'step it up'

James O'Shea

Re: bah, humbug, and it's the 60s, not the 70s.

So it's gone so far that simply saying that you don't give a damn is now offensive, has it? Laddie/Lassie/whatever, I don't give a damn. I really don't. If you're 2 metres tall, weigh 150 kilos, and have a beard 30 centimetres long but say that you're a girl, more power to you. I DO NOT CARE. If you look like Dolly Parton only with a bigger bust but say that you're a guy, again I DO NOT CARE. It does not affect me in the least. If you insist on using some thing not him/her to describe yourself I may insist on being addressed as Your Lordship the God Emperor Of Barsoom; should the two-metre bearded lady insist on being called 'her' I will, of course oblige her. I'm not using variants on 'they' for just one person. Even if the one person is bigger than I am, which the two-metre bearded lady would be. I'm definitely not using anything more exotic. If anyone doesn't like it, he/she/whatever can try to avoid letting the door hit his/her/whatever's ass on the way out. If this be dismissive and offensive, well, I did state up front that I'm reactionary.

Now get off my lawn, whippersnapper.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020