Reply to post:

BSOD Burgerwatch latest: Do you want fries with that plaintext password?

Muscleguy

I volunteer in a charity shop and our software till went TITSUP fairly recently and we were on the phone to support who was telling us about the reset button. It was apparently under a flip up door. We could not find it. Because someone had previously removed the door, doh! I've watched as a PFY has logged in remotely and debugged things.

The till is misbehaving a bit, adding digits so a 99p sale becomes £9,999. I had to get the manager (with appropriate till clearance) to remove it. Fortunately the customer saw the funny side. Between it slowing down so much you dare not press the numbers too much lest you ring up such figures. I think the biggest sale I ever made was $36. Though we did sell a donated ride-on kiddy car for £200 in the summer.

Then there's the guy who throws a strop if we put £15 on a really nice leather jacket or a pair of fashion trainers as though we're a pound shop. We have a responsibility to get as much as we reasonably can and £15 for a leather jacket is an absolute bargain in anybody's book.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon