Reply to post: Re: We've made prime delivery faster.

And if you turn to your left, you can see the walls of Amazon Web Services' vast server farm. And next to it, a gift shop and visitor center

ICPurvis47
Flame

Re: We've made prime delivery faster.

I detest the way that Amazon shove Prime down your throat every time you buy the slightest thing from them, They give you a price which looks competitive, but they don't say that you only get it delivered free if you sign up to Prime, and they then force you into complicated gymnastics to get it delivered (at a price) without the Prime subscription (£7.99 per month). I have no need of a Prime membership as I don't watch streaming video and I don't usually need to have stuff delivered next day. I recently bought some hand sanitizers, which cost approximately £16. I then had to go into a separate page, cancel the Prime membership, and fork out £8 for delivery, but instead of them being delivered, I was presented with a bill for £12 for Customs Duty. Thus, they actually cost me £36, not the advertised £16. I later found exactly the same product on eBay for about £20, plus the fact that I could choose the exact flavour I wanted, instead of Amazon sending me a random assortment. Amazon is a good market place sometimes, but "it do pay to shop around". On the subject of rural deliveries, I have several times in the past received text and email notifications that my parcel has been delivered, when in fact it has not. On one occasion I phoned to find out where said parcel was, to be told that it had been left in my porch (which I don't have) at a certain time (when I was in the house, sitting at a window overlooking my drive) and had been delivered from their Newton Abbot depot. As I live in North Wales, I find it hard to believe that they would undertake a 500 mile round trip just for a small parcel. I would seem that they have my details mixed up with someone who lives in Cornwall.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon