Reply to post: Re: LibreOffice Draw

Vendor-bender LibreOffice kicks out 6.4: Community project feel, though now with added auto-█████ tool

mark l 2 Silver badge

Re: LibreOffice Draw

"LibreOffice UI is conservative, the commands are where they have always been, no need to re-learn everything at each release"

I am a massive fan of Libreoffice and before that I used to use OpenOffice. But I do have to disagree about the commands are where they have always been. I cant comment on all the different programs in the LO suite. But certainly in the Draw package - which I used nearly every day - they did move some commands in the menus to sub-menus or different menu completely, if you upgraded from V5.x to V6.x

I know as its taken me a few weeks to retrain myself to find them in their new locations as muscle memory meant i kept looking for them in their old menus.

But generally speaking apart from this little bit of movement in the menu structure I have no issue with the look of the UI. Should you not like the style and colours of the default icons on the LO taskbar you can change them for a few alternative designs from the options or even download additional icon themes to make them look like MS Office should you feel the need to.

If you enable experimental features you can also get icons grouped by contextual or tabbed as well. No doubt this will become a full feature in a future release once the code is more stable.

https://libreofficehelp.com/change-libreoffice-default-look-and-feel/

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon