Reply to post: Re: Immigration

Boris celebrates taking back control of Brexit Britain's immigration – with unlimited immigration program

codejunky Silver badge

Re: Immigration

@Jamie Jones

"Don't come out with Daily Mail bollocks like that. You know exactly that the majority of immigants have been non-EU"

This is an interesting problem I have pointed out plenty times. I have friends from the EU and they are happy they can come over and get office jobs etc. The same rights do not extend to my friends from the rest of the world. Most of my friends have come here on student visa then managed to stay but one of my friends particularly would be here tomorrow if she had the rights of my EU friends.

"and you know that we could have evicted EU cirizens that weren't pulling their weight, but our governments chose not to."

That is very true. Our gov (see Blair particularly) sold us down the river and left to him we would have the Euro too! The people get a say and we vote leave even with the opt outs we had. The buck now stops with our gov (they cant blame the EU) and the incentive to sell us down the river has been removed.

Now we can implement border controls as is pretty normal in the world. The EU doesnt get special treatment

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon