Reply to post: Re: Could be worse

Beware the Friday afternoon 'Could you just..?' from the muppet who wants to come between you and your beer

Martin an gof Silver badge

Re: Could be worse

The X32 series were game changers for small amd mid-size concerns, particularly gigging bands and churches which had suddenly found themselves in the company of a half-decent 'worship group'. Other, more well-known, manufacturers were caught off guard and struggled to get comparable products into the market.

In my case I work in a museum with very strong community links and find myself op-ing at half a dozen events a year where the X32's 32 channels, 25 mix busses, eight 'slots' of digital effects, parametric EQ on every channel, gating and compression on every channel, remote control ability (by net-conneced laptop or tablet), motorised faders and - in particular - a cat.5 'snake' theoretically capable of 48 channels in and 48 channels out (my old snake had 12 in and 4 out and a cable nearly two inches thick) has transformed the way I work, and for a very reasonable cost. At least, that's what I told my boss.

Its only real downside - from my point of view - is a lack of true stereo channels, meaning you need to pair mono channels (one button-push) and those eight faders on my 'line level sources page' are effectively just four.

It looks like Behringer may just be introducing a new architecture, very similar but with a few minor deficiencies ironed out and updated tech (a touchscreen!). Only one product at the moment (and one that won't suit everyone) but I have no doubt more to come.

M.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon