Reply to post: Re: @ MachDiamond

Flying taxis? That'll be AFTER you've launched light sabres and anti-gravity skateboards

Kiwi Silver badge
Pint

Re: @ MachDiamond

BTW, fresh hot bread is 'ing amazing stuff and makes the house smell great. Worth the effort.

Sold! Was thinking of getting a breadmaker (what's your thoughts on them?) 2nd-hand tomorrow. Guess I will now.

It might be more advantageous to run even more (smaller) trains so it's more convenient for people.

They do that around here. During peak times a single train might be 3 or 4 unites packed to the gunwales, but off-peak they park some of the units at strategic locations and just go with a single. They still get plenty of use even off-peak. Sure you have to wait for a train and travel on their schedule, but if you're smart enough you can entertain yourself. If you're not in a hurry it's fine, and if you are in a hurry but don't have a car and can't afford a taxi what are you going to do? Be thankful it's there.

(Oh, and if you have a "gold card' (something pensioners get), public transport is free in NZ - also people with certain disabilities get it as well - and I get to ride free with them as a 'helper' :) - did I mention I love trains? :) )

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020