Reply to post: Re: Yet another reason Oracle sucks.

Problems at Oracle's DynDNS: Domain registration customers transferred at short notice, nameserver records changed

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Yet another reason Oracle sucks.

I cannot believe that Oracle would extort anybody for the use of Java.

Oracle is a wholesome company dedicated to serving their customer base as best as they are able. They will always go out of their way to do the extra cm (or inch) to ensure that the customer comes away happy and delighted to have chosen Oracle to serve their business.

I am 100% certain that Oracles attempt to copyright the Java API is nothing more than an altruistic attempt to ensure that when the copyrights are fully released, free to all to use, the API is complete and fully documented. What other reason could there be?

All my experiences with Oracle have been delightful with the sales rep going above and beyond to ensure that I pay as little as possible for the pleasure of running Oracle software, because it is a pleasure. High quality software, virtually no patches, secure with high interoperability. Not only that, a willingness to work with all my other database software and enterprise software with no extra costs to me.

What's not to like?

Rob

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020