Reply to post: Schilling never worked at Sun

It's a no to ZFS in the Linux kernel from me, says Torvalds, points finger of blame at Oracle licensing

sbt
Boffin

Schilling never worked at Sun

I never claimed he did. But since you wouldn't accept the statements of Sun employees like Simon Phipps as proof of a disagreement, I offered a third-party source instead, with at least some claim to contact with the Solaris contributor group.

Working at Sun seems irrelevant, since not even Sun employees agree on this. Well, at least Danese vs. the rest that I could find.

If you are prepared to accept Sun employees' views on this, look at the rest of the thread I originally linked containing Simon's comment; there are more Sun employees than just Simon disputing Danese's version of events. However, I didn't spot any, not one, agreeing with her claims about the reasons for CDDL being chosen rather than GPL.

It certainly demonstrates there's a disagreement; my original contention, QEFD. Frankly the more these comments go on, the more I'm convinced the facts support the Phipps position altogether.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon