Reply to post: Re: ...and sue ME for copyright/licensing breaches on code I helped write

It's a no to ZFS in the Linux kernel from me, says Torvalds, points finger of blame at Oracle licensing

Kiwi
Pint

Re: ...and sue ME for copyright/licensing breaches on code I helped write

No, since you still have a copy of the code you're using with the simple BSD license attached. The BSD license doesn't make it any easier to falsify authorship of code than the GPL does. This is FUD.

Purely out of interest, and neither specifying agreement nor disagreement with your post... How do you defend a claim as a person with effectively no pockets whatsoever, perhaps relying on a "public defender" equivalent whose knowledge of BSD licenses didn't exist whatsoever till you visited in desperation, and do this when you're going up against a company with pockets that wrap around the core of the planet several times and have the best lawyers money can buy on speed dial?

When their lawyers can shout the judge a meal where your lawyer has fits thinking of the cost of just ONE serving of the cheapest entree - how do you prove that you originated the code and they're the ones trying to mislead the court? (not that I'd ever suggest any judge can be bought with an expensive meal - I fear many of them sell out for far far less :( )

I may still have a copy of my code, but I'd love to know how to prove it is my code.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon