Re: Punishment seems too extreme
With respect to your manager of the time, "redeployed" means moved internally within a division or within the same parent company.
If they are leaving the company they are being let go
- Or pursuing opportunities elsewhere
- Or given their P45 (UK form when you leave)
- Or being made redundant
- Or being given his marching orders
- Or being put on gardening duty
- Or sent home
- Or laid off
- Or going for a job interview (at the job centre)
- Or being fired
- Or being loaded into the shit-plated redundo-cannon.
It was confusing because the manager was being confusing to avoid bad words when layoffs are in progress. It's a shame when language is impoverished, although understandable sometimes.