Reply to post: I hate that Firefox is the least terrible option

Firefox 72: Floating videos, blocking fingerprints, and defeating notification pop-ups

Crazy Operations Guy

I hate that Firefox is the least terrible option

These features are nice and all, but I really wish that they'd do something about the memory/cache problems.

It'd also be nice if there was some way to keep videos from auto-playing or at least not just soaking up bandwidth buffering when I have given zero indication that I'd actually watch the video. This is particularly annoying in combination with the caching issues. A lot of my daily browsing is on documentation sites for the various products my company uses. One of them has a video up on every single page that is essentially a re-hash of the written text, rarely its useful, usually it means several megabytes of bandwidth wasted per page.

I'd also like the ability to just turn off most style sheets on some webpages, or tweak the style a bit. Like I'd very much like to remove a lot of background colors from chunks of text, or at least be able to shift it to black-on-white instead of dark-grey on somewhat-light-grey. I'd also live to be able to expand the width of content frames. I have a 4K monitor, but most websites are configured to only be 1024 pixels wide, so nearly 3/4th of my monitor is wasted displaying background pixels.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon