Reply to post: Re: From Experience (and In Hindsight)...

Remember the Dutch kid who stuck his finger in a dam to save the village? Here's the IT equivalent

Kiwi
Pirate

Re: From Experience (and In Hindsight)...

I thought it was just me, and never mentioned it to anyone because I was clearly a clumsy idiot. This jolting sensation like someone has just grabbed you and yanked you backwards, it's really annoying.

It's not just you. I've had pockets, belt-loops and even T-shirt sleevelets (what else do you call them?) snag doorhandles or cupboard knobs.

But I have to ask one question.

How is it that, from around the age of 2 or 3 onwards you can sprint through a door that's mere millimetres wider than you are and yet not come close to hitting it, but 40 years later get a banged up and very sore elbow, and you cannot even get through a doorway big enough to pass a planet sideways without smashing into it, hurting so much you run well beyond your expletive vocabulary expressing your discomfort!

For > 40 years I managed to not touch a door frame unless I intended to, even running through 2-abreast with a close friend. But get a very sore elbow....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon