Reply to post:

Tory chancellor pledges to review IR35 rollout in UK private sector – just like all the other parties

Andys1342

Well there are 5 million votes up for grabs, including mine. If the conservatives actually say they will postpone the introduction of the changes until after a review I will vote for them, otherwise its LibDem. This has a massive impact on me as if I cannot get more contracts I will have to go full time and I like the flexibility I have. The really silly thing is that if I did go full time, based on a job I have been offered, I would effectively pay 29% LESS tax overall. HMRC need to get their facts straight about how much tax they really get because of the changes. I bet for the public sector they included the PAYE tax in their claims but conveniently ignored the loss of corporate tax from all the little service companies that got closed down. I bet the net effect was they lost tax income due to the changes not increased it.

This will have a massive negative impact on the economy, right at the same time as Brexit. The conservatives only have a few days to clarify their position, I am obviously not going to vote for comrad Corbin and the communist party.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon