Reply to post:

UK parcel firm Yodel plugs tracking app's random yaps about where on map to snap up strangers' tat

Mike Moyle

Years ago, the downstairs neighbors were expecting a package -- some fancy ceramic serving dish thingy that a relative had ordered online as a Christmas gift, as I recall. It was actually recorded as delivered, although the neighbors never received it. They asked if we had signed for it, which we had not. both apartments' front doors were accessible from an unlocked vestibule, so it was possible that someone had seen the delivery placed inside and had sneaked in and grabbed it. The delivery company eventually ate the cost and the seller sent a new dish as a replacement.

Flash forward about four months. After a long, miserable winter, the spring thaw had finally arrived and I unlocked the door to my apartment's porch, which was over the main entrance, to get some fresh air in... And found, sitting nestled into the last remaining mound of melting snow, a largish cardboard box, looking somewhat the worse for wear. Rather than leave the parcel on the porch or in the unlocked vestibule, the delivery person had TOSSED the box containing a CERAMIC DISH onto the SECOND-FLOOR PORCH, and hadn't noted that minor detail anywhere!!

They may not ALL be idiots but -- my ghod -- the ones who ARE skew the average all to hell!!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon