Reply to post: Re: I can only assume that the stalkage etc moved into legal/crime territory

Googlers fired after tracking colleagues working on US border cop projects. Now, if they had monetized that stalking...

bombastic bob Silver badge
Devil

Re: I can only assume that the stalkage etc moved into legal/crime territory

it does sound like a reason to stalk the stalkers, which may be how they found out about their excuse for legitimately firing them.

Actually, depending on how the union works, it may be *beneficial*. The stereotype union wants too much money for too little work, is thuggish, goes on strike at the slightest provocation, yotta yotta. A good union acts like a human resources department combined with a labor force that produces quality work at a reasonable cost to the management company.

However I think any kind of white collar union is a bad idea. It's the wrong kind of thinking pattern for GOOD engineers. The best engineers are creative types who think non-linearly, often 'out of the box'. A unionized labor force, however, tends to behave 'collectively', not something that induces creativity nor 'out of the box' thinking. The two are mutually exclusive (in my view).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon