Reply to post: Re: the UK will go to the polls amid ongoing disinformation efforts supported by foreign powers

PSA: You are now in the timeline where Facebook and pals are torn a new one by, er, Borat star Sacha Baron Cohen

Cederic Silver badge

Re: the UK will go to the polls amid ongoing disinformation efforts supported by foreign powers

Given the politically biased fact checkers such as Labour's The Insider, FullFact and the BBC's Reality Check, all of which are demonstrably full of bias, why shouldn't the Conservative Party have their own too?

The FactCheckUK "Twitter hoax" (to use your curious term) was very blatantly a political campaign move by a party standing in the election, and since it only existed for under two hours I'm genuinely confused by how many people are so upset about it.

I mean, I'd certainly rather have well labelled domestic bias than the foreign interference we've had in the past couple of weeks, such as Donald Trump demonstrating he doesn't understand the Withdrawal Agreement reached with the EU, or Hillary Clinton demonstrating that she doesn't understand politics as she was feted by British media organisations.

You'll be telling me next that Friday's Question Time was fairly moderated and had no Labour Party activists planted in the audience.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon