Reply to post: Re: "I've often done the work of two or three permies - particularly in coding roles."

Royal Bank of Scotland IT contractor ban sparks murmurs of legal action

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: "I've often done the work of two or three permies - particularly in coding roles."

" I've often done the work of two or three permies - particularly in coding roles."

Same here, except I did it as a permie, and I know many others who could and did do the same; it's unrelated to whether someone is a contractor or permie, it's possibly related to the competence of their management.

I also have worked alongside contractors whose net effect on project productivity was negative.

" I suspect this very outcome has been lobbied for by the likes of Andersens, PWH and TCS - which is why why a so-called Tory government is implementing such a Labouresque retrograde tax which will hurt the sort of people who are (were) part of their core voting base."

Now we're getting somewhere; you're right that the tories were taken over by corporate thieves (and lawyers and accountants) years ago. Why anyone expected anything different, I have no idea.

That's not specific to contractors vs so-called permies though is it.

It may well

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020