Re: Windows Server
Several interesting aspects:
1. DNS controls disappear. Things like Cisco's umbrella become a bit pointless.
2. Apps should still respect system DNS configuration because you may need internal DNS.
3. Apps snitching on you become more difficult to stop
4. If its difficult to monitor snitching apps, you should ditch them entirely. Avoid anything with cloud ties - no Chrome or Edge, maybe swap for Chromium, Brave, Dissenter.
5. DNS amplification attacks should disappear.
6. Offering open DNS resolvers should be safe (though using them without DNSSEC is another matter...) which means the type of DNS censorship Australia implements should be generally obsolete. Bitchute might benefit from this.