Reply to post: Re: Beautiful

When the IT department speaks, users listen. Or face the consequences

Kiwi

Re: Beautiful

I've been electrocuted hundreds of times,

I grew up on a farm at the bottom of the South Island and I can only say, "Bloody electric fences".

I used to have a lot of fun with them. Once you get over the shock of accidentally touching one you expect to be off, or touching a fence you don't realise is live (loved the Ozzie hardwood[1] - natural insulation so no need for the tell-tale insulators that normally denote an electric fence ;). I could happily walk up to one and grab it and not even slightly wince while straight-faced telling someone "It's OK, it's turned off".

Maybe that explains why I'm such a bright spark today.. Observed a hell of a lot of voltage in my youth. Worst was either a K9 tube or a spark plug lead that wasn't even close to insulating - the latter at a much faster pulse rate than any fence (even today I don't touch leads in running/just stopped vehicles without tools or gloves!)

[1] At least that's what I recall being told it was in the late 80s. May not have been Australian, but it was a wood that would not conduct electricity (at least at the fence levels).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon