Reply to post: Re: Escherichia coli is just at the top of its own pinnacle as is man.

Beardy biologist's withering takedown of creationism fetches $564,500 at auction

Jellied Eel Silver badge

Re: Escherichia coli is just at the top of its own pinnacle as is man.

E.Q. stands for encephalization quotient? Damn, a nightmare hippy chick convinced me it meant emotional intelligence.

Weigh her brain? I'm unconvinced by E.Q. I've always been curious about Neanderthals given on average, they seemed to have a larger cranial capacity than modern humans. Yet we managed to kill them off or assimilate them into our DNA. There's been some odd claims as to why, like thinking Neanderthals couldn't fish, which seems strange given their tech level. My guess is we out-competed & out fought them, aided by good'ol climate change. Same thing may happen when octopi decide they're fed up with being wet all the time and want to get on Facepalm/Instagram.

I'm also curious about the theory that evolution can't run backwards, and if our reliance on tech could lead to devolution, or we evolve to interface our wetware to software & hardware.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon