Reply to post: Re: Surely

Remember the Uber self-driving car that killed a woman crossing the street? The AI had no clue about jaywalkers

tin 2

Re: Surely

100% on both the above. I wonder - it might be in the detail I'm not about to read - how frequently the system updates what it "sees". If it's so infrequent - comparatively speaking - that creating "an object" and tracking it's movement, and changing it's category as it appears to be different things basically doesn't work and it was worked around.

Definitely in terms of bugs - or rather outright negligence on the part of the coders - chucking away an object's movement history on classification change is... well.... words actually fail me.

The second is if a bicycle is *side on* and not strapped to something much bigger, it's absolutely NOT going to be traveling in the left lane in the same direction. Never mind AI here, that's a simple if...then...

The hesitance that should be in there for stuff popping up out of nowhere is a great point. There's my (currrently) 3 massive bugs in the system. Clearly not fit to be out on the streets ever with those kind of glaring errors.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon